Who Is Callie?

I am "The Full Monty"- Vibrant, Educated, Articulate, Twisted. Absinthe Drinker, Diverse and Sensual,. World Travel Freak, Guiness Beer Drinker, Simplistic and Flirt! Lover of Life, Trying To Keep The Flow, On a Journey unknown. Won’t you Join Me?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Attitude Comment Tags
Sexy Comments From Red Cherry Tags


I Want To Add You!

  • True Wife Confessions
  • Supper Fly and More
  • Petes Eyes
  • Fashionista Becky
  • SugarLuxe Designs Part II
  • StupidTom
  • Generation Y-Voice of Cuba

  • I Dig This!

  • Dance
  • Organic Soaps
  • Organic Products
  • Absinthe
  • Soul Food

  • I Rock To

  • Diwan 2
  • Omar Faruk Tekbilek
  • Ambient Oud
  • Satya and Blind Divine!
  • Seal
  • Jai Uttal
  • Natacha Atlas
  • Sounds of Enigma
  • Afro Celt Soundsystem
  • Andrea Bocelli
  • Mz. Blues Bonnie Raitt
  • The Lovely Ms. Arie
  • Alanis Morrisette
  • Uncle Willie K
  • Joss Stone
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • Who Is In My House?




    I Rocked You Here

    Props Go To

    Powered By: Blogger
    Layout By: Trina

    Check Em Out Yo!

    Photobucket Search & Win

    I Support The Beauty of Women

    BC Awareness Comment Tags
    Sexy Comments From Red Cherry Tags
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Support Da Kine

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket South Carolina born, Hawaiian Embraced

  • Hawaiian Baked Goods
  • Crack Seeds Ono!
  • Merrie Monarch Festival




  • Friday, February 16, 2007

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




    I have RHYTHM!
    At least I think I do when it comes to dance. This is particularly a proven case from a few years ago. I would say perhaps 3 years ago? I was asked via email by my dance teacher if I would like to participate in the Carnival show here in Atlanta. Of course I told her no- because first of all I cannot master the Samba as well as the other dancers, and second I am shy about being half nekkid in front of people. People I kid you not! I am one of those types of women that go to a doctors office for a womens exam and I wrap myself in that paper table stuff over and over again- I describe that process as *mumification* .........Anyways- Andrea (and yes click on the name) tells me in her thick beautiful accent- "You can do this, your a great dancer, so- this is the date and time!" Needless to say I hesitantly contacted a friend that designs clothing and asked him about a costume idea...Unfortunately, I did not really like what he was thinking of so I decided to make my own....
    I had an idea, but since it was short notice I did what I could in a weeks time. I went and bought an expensive black bra, metallic green mermaid material, and tons of glitter beads, and gems and things of that nature. What little sewing skills I had I put them to use as with learning how hot a glue gun can get- *especially when you accidentally glue your fingers* I decided my theme was going to be a land mermaid. I stitched and glued designs all over the bra, took the shiny material and made a skirt that splits all the way to the crotch area on both sides, made green sequined arm bands, and did my make up flawless and yet with a theatrical flare. I topped off this look with really high platform heeled shoes and double layers of a green and yellow headpiece that a drag queen showgirl would die for.

    I showed up at this event in a trench coat and donned that until it was time to perform. The lights went out, the Samba band began to play and the Rhythm grabbed hold! Before I knew it, I was being encircled by men and women *mainly men* dancing with me in the aisles, the band so freakin rawked! For those hours I felt sexy, beautiful, free.... And then there was the Samba contest...Someone put my name down as a contestent and when I heard my name called I was in a corner sitting on a chair talking to some people....I cannot tell you how embarressed I was walking to the stage...I looked at my teacher and wanted to cry... I looked at the band director, he smiled and nodded, and then the music started... It was perhaps as if I had eaten an exotic blend of chili peppers and chocolate because I closed my eyes and melted in a sway- slowly at first, and then I picked up the speed and kept the pace. Before I knew it I found myself all over the stage and the audience yelling, and cheering. It was mad crazy yo!


    After the dancers danced we waited for the verdict. First Place- my Dance Teacher- Second place Me!!! I was totally at a loss for words. I never expected it..Why? Perhaps because I have never seen myself as beautiful- or charismatic like the other dancers..I dont know...After the contest, I grabbed my winnings *which was awesome* and then was approached by numerous people wanting photos with me, the Latin Newspaper wanting my information, it was pretty much unreal in my mind. I guess what really struck me, was the fact that although I am of black - hispanic decent, I suck at not knowing spanish fluently, and I suck at not knowing more about my culture- although it shows through dance. Something I must ponder.

    At any rate- Here's to you My Beloved brothers and Sisters of Carnival- especially those that came up to me speaking Portugese-

    O samba deixou sobre o ritmo de suas canções majestosas carregá-lo afastado a uma viagem infinita do espírito e do orgulho! Samba Sobre.

    Carnivale 2007!
    Love, callie