Who Is Callie?

I am "The Full Monty"- Vibrant, Educated, Articulate, Twisted. Absinthe Drinker, Diverse and Sensual,. World Travel Freak, Guiness Beer Drinker, Simplistic and Flirt! Lover of Life, Trying To Keep The Flow, On a Journey unknown. Won’t you Join Me?

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Attitude Comment Tags
Sexy Comments From Red Cherry Tags


I Want To Add You!

  • True Wife Confessions
  • Supper Fly and More
  • Petes Eyes
  • Fashionista Becky
  • SugarLuxe Designs Part II
  • StupidTom
  • Generation Y-Voice of Cuba

  • I Dig This!

  • Dance
  • Organic Soaps
  • Organic Products
  • Absinthe
  • Soul Food

  • I Rock To

  • Diwan 2
  • Omar Faruk Tekbilek
  • Ambient Oud
  • Satya and Blind Divine!
  • Seal
  • Jai Uttal
  • Natacha Atlas
  • Sounds of Enigma
  • Afro Celt Soundsystem
  • Andrea Bocelli
  • Mz. Blues Bonnie Raitt
  • The Lovely Ms. Arie
  • Alanis Morrisette
  • Uncle Willie K
  • Joss Stone
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • Who Is In My House?




    I Rocked You Here

    Props Go To

    Powered By: Blogger
    Layout By: Trina

    Check Em Out Yo!

    Photobucket Search & Win

    I Support The Beauty of Women

    BC Awareness Comment Tags
    Sexy Comments From Red Cherry Tags
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    I Support Da Kine

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket South Carolina born, Hawaiian Embraced

  • Hawaiian Baked Goods
  • Crack Seeds Ono!
  • Merrie Monarch Festival




  • Monday, January 15, 2007

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Early Morning, April 4
    a shot rings out in the Memphis Sky
    Free At Last- They took your life
    but they could not take your pride!
    U2- Pride in the Name of Love


    I do not know of Martin Luther King...I only know what I was told by teachers which I think was kind of skeptic, and that of my family members, who didnt really talk much about the Civil Rights movements...What I do know is based on experience... There are those that think discrimination is only a *Southern Thing*...there are those that think it is not common or visable today, and there are those that cannot believe or still refuse to believe that these things still happen...Those are the ones I call *denyers* I spoke of this in response to my best friend Da Diva when she tried to lend a hand to someone who was injured, and was treated like she was a criminal as she watched the elderly woman grasp her purse in fear that a black person was going to rob her...

    I spoke of my experience of working for a well known family dinner chain, in which on this particular day I was working a double shift. After working as a hostess for the morning shift, I then took leave to grab my apron and prepare to do my next shift as a waitress....server...what ever you call them today...As I was restocking the shelf for straws, and other condiments, I noticed a group of about 15 to 20 men come in... They were all dressed alike...Blue Jeans, confederate flag in their pants pocket and black tshirts with a KLAN face pointing a finger like Uncle Sam saying- WE WANT YOU..... I did not know how to respond..I did not say anything...Instead they paid for their food and went and sat down in guess whos section??? Mine... I went to the manager on duty and told them I couldn't do it....They gave me an ultimatum....Either serve them, or leave.... In that moment I had a choice, and I swallowed my pride and showed myself what I was made of... I went to their table, introduced myself, and proceeded to dish out silverware and anything else they needed..I was the cheerleader for the moment...Doing whatever I could to prove to myself that I was worthy, and perhaps dispell the rumors of what they grew up believing...The only time they said something to me, was when I asked if they needed anything...Other than that, I catered to them, smiling politely, I treated them with the utmost respect... After an hour or so, I saw them get up to leave... I told them all to have a great day and thank you for coming, and I went to clear the table...That dayI was not expecting any tips or anything....but I got one....It was alot of ones all neatly stacked in one pile ontop of a napkin, that someone had written, Thank you, and We are Sorry..... I put it in my pocket- cleared the table...I then walked into the managers office and gave them my apron and told them I was leaving..And I walked out..I got in my car and cried...I cried because of the fear I went through, I cried because I was humiliated, I cried because I felt sorry for them....... This was in the early 90's.....

    Mid to late 90's- Working as a manager for a fast food industry, a man spit at me and called me the N word and then told me we should have been still doing his farms...

    In early 2000...I arrive from hawaii and look for a house to rent... I called one person and they were all joy- until I went to meet them and give them my deposit money...She looked me up and down and told me Had she known I was a N.......that she would not have asked me over...

    Mid 2000- I was working for a Veterinarian office, who because I would not allow him to curse at me, he told me to leave his office and never come back, and then followed me outside to my car and called me a N...and told me that if I thought about bringing him up on charges he would get rid of me...

    Yesterday-2007- our church was informed by our pastor that he had lunch on Friday with a pastor of a new church who was deeply burdened..He was told by one of the committe members that he was a good *low-key* minister that would not draw to much attention to the black crowd.....

    So- I ask you...Have we really come far, and when will Freedom truly ring? It is no longer a *black* issue it is a people issue...When we can all come together and see and embrace that- only then will Freedom ring...

    Until then my friends, stay the course, persevere....

    callie